Job Number: PARMENION00190
Posting Date: 23/11/2021
Parmenion is a rapidly growing, award winning technology and investments solutions business. We launched in 2007 with just a handful of staff. In the 14 years since, we have seen the company grow exponentially. We currently house our 200+ staff in a magnificent open plan office near the waterfront in the vibrant city of Bristol.
Our strength comes from seamlessly integrating three core disciplines, discretionary investment management, platform services and intuitive technology.
Parmenion is seeking a permanent Product Owner to define, prioritise and evaluate new and enhanced customer propositions to deliver innovative and industry leading solutions. The Product Owner is a key role in the holistic delivery of our products, at the centre of the development cycle, responsible for maximising the value of the products.
- Work closely with key Stakeholders and Sponsors to understand the opportunity for value creation
- Ensure each piece of work is aligned with broader strategy and the Parmenion product roadmap
- Acts as voice of the customer to make sure the solution creates value
- Identify and analyse data and customer feedback/research to define problems, measure results, and prioritise competing opportunities
- Defining the product requirements and backlog, converting requirements into clearly specified features and functionality. Prioritising features and backlog items to ensure we are building the right thing in the optimum order.
- Continuously manage Product Backlogs, whilst making or escalating key product decisions and removing roadblocks for team
- Create releases with clear intent, working with Marketing and Sales to generate excitement about new value being released
- Be an advocate for agile delivery and contribute to the continuous improvement of Parmenion’s approach and overall adoption.
Skills and Experience required
- Experience fulfilling a Product Owner role or similar in a complex environment
- Experience of Agile/Lean practices and agile tools with a keenness to champion this way of working across the business.
- A natural leader and problem solver with the ability to make and communicate sound, practical decisions under pressure
- Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Challenges the status quo and finds new solutions and drives out of the box ideas. Embraces change and encourages innovation
- Experience in interaction with customers, senior stakeholders, and c-suite level management
We can offer you
At Parmenion, you can expect a competitive salary aligned to your skills and experience which we will review each year, as well as a generous benefits package, including:
- Non-contributory Personal Pension scheme
- Substantial holiday entitlement
- Discretionary bonus
- Life Assurance & Income protection insurance
- Private health insurance
In addition you will enjoy working in our modern open plan offices in central Bristol, be invited to a variety of social activities ranging from payday drinks to film nights and benefit from our commitment to employee wellbeing as well as our focus on providing career development opportunities.
We have a long-term commitment to building inclusive workplaces; we value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone
Apply for this role Back