Agile Business Analyst
Job Number: PARMENION00166
Posting Date: 04/06/2021
Agile Business Analyst
Parmenion is a rapidly growing, award winning technology and investments solutions business. We launched in 2007 with just a handful of staff. In the 14 years since, we have seen the company grow exponentially. We currently house our 200+ staff in a magnificent open plan office near the waterfront in the vibrant city of Bristol.
Our strength comes from seamlessly integrating three core disciplines, discretionary investment management, platform services and intuitive technology.
Parmenion is seeking an Agile Business Analyst to work within a Scrum team, delivering a series of propositions across a diverse portfolio. The Agile Business Analyst will be required to act as a support to the Product Manager in creating a coherent vision for proposed changes as well as ensuring that the change is fully and understood by the Scrum team members and accepted by all stakeholders.
- Flexibly employ structured business analysis techniques when problem solving and eliciting requirements from business representatives
- Support the identification of key stakeholders throughout the business and ensure they are fully engaged with the proposed change
- Managing the product backlog, driving the Scrum team and business stakeholders to deliver business value
- Writing and refining user stories with the business stakeholders and the Scrum team
- Drive the identification of relevant constraints (regulatory/compliance, information security, CASS etc.) relevant to the change in hand
- Define business rules and logic to meet the requirements of the stakeholders and document as appropriate to support the Scrum team’s understanding
- Work with other Scrum teams where they require oversight of features that are used across the business functions
- Open communication with business stakeholders, Product Managers and Scrum Masters to ensure the delivery of work in line with business expectation
Skills and experience required
- BA Experience within fund investments sector of the finance industry (wealth management and investments)
- Team player who can get involved with following Agile and Scrum principles
- Ability to follow internal standards of business analysis in an Agile Scrum delivery team
- Ability to work independently, proactively and with versatility in response to changing circumstances.
- Exceptional soft skills in order to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
We can offer you
At Parmenion, you can expect a competitive salary aligned to your skills and experience which we will review each year, as well as a generous benefits package, including:
- Non-contributory Personal Pension scheme
- Substantial holiday entitlement
- Life Assurance & Income protection insurance
- Private health insurance
In addition you will enjoy working in our modern open plan offices in central Bristol, be invited to a variety of social activities ranging from payday drinks to film nights and benefit from our commitment to employee wellbeing as well as our focus on providing career development opportunities.
We have a long-term commitment to building inclusive workplaces; we value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
Apply for this role Back