Fund Research Manager
Job Number: PARMENION00155
Posting Date: 22/10/2021
Fund Research Manager
Parmenion is a rapidly growing, award winning technology and investments solutions business. We launched in 2007 with just a handful of staff. In the 14 years since, we have seen the company grow exponentially. We currently house our 200+ staff in a magnificent open plan office near the waterfront in the vibrant city of Bristol.
Our strength comes from seamlessly integrating three core disciplines, discretionary investment management, platform services and intuitive technology.
Working within our investment function you will report to an investment Director and assist the team primarily with fund research and asset class analysis. You’ll be a creative person with good written and verbal communication skills, and importantly you will be a team player bringing value enhancing independent thoughts to an experienced, productive and cohesive unit.
This position is a new role, created by growth of the team and expansion in funds under management as the Parmenion brand gathers increasing momentum amongst the advisory community.
- Active and passive fund research and analysis across a broad range of asset classes Parmenion invest in as well as ESG and ethical funds.
- Data preparation for fund due diligence meetings
- Hosting fund due diligence meetings, writing up fund due diligence reports and presenting the recommendation(s) in the fortnightly fund research meeting
- Attribution analysis on a fund/ blend of funds within an asset class to ascertain their value add to the portfolio
- Presenting research on fund / asset class analysis at PIM Monthly meeting
- Supporting PIM webinars to present on funds/asset classes and our fund research process
Skills and Experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are core to this role in conjunction with attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency and reliability of delivery.
- Experience – At least 5 years of experience researching and analysing funds across core equity and fixed interest asset classes
- Personal Attributes – team player, organized, diligent, communicative
- Qualification – candidates are expected to have demonstrated their passion for investment by achieving level 6 or 7 qualification (eg CISI Chartered Wealth Manager or CFA).
- Key Professional Attributes – integrity, attention to detail, pro-active and ethical
We can offer you
At Parmenion, you can expect a competitive salary aligned to your skills and experience which we will review each year, as well as a generous benefits package, including:
Non-contributory Personal Pension scheme
Substantial holiday entitlement
Life Assurance & Income protection insurance
Private health insurance
In addition you will benefit from working in our modern open plan offices in central Bristol, have the opportunity to join a range of social activities including payday drinks to film nights etc, and experience our commitment to employee wellbeing as well as our focus on providing career development opportunities.
We have a long-term commitment to building inclusive workplaces; we value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
Apply for this role Back