Job Number: PARMENION00106
Posting Date: 28/01/2020
Parmenion is a rapidly growing, award winning technology and investments solutions business. We launched in 2007 with just a handful of staff. In the 11 years since, we have seen the company grow exponentially. We currently house our 200+ staff in a magnificent open plan office near the waterfront in the vibrant city of Bristol.
Our strength comes from seamlessly integrating three core disciplines, discretionary investment management, platform services and intuitive technology.
Working in our technology team you will deliver innovative technology solutions for our clients and customers. As a Software Tester you will work in an agile team, ensuring the quality of delivered work items within our 2 week release cadence. We are looking for an agile test evangelist with outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Working as a Quality Specialist on one of our cross-disciplinary sprint teams.
- Actively participating in sprint ceremonies: daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review & retrospective and backlog grooming meetings
- Identifying when features do not meet expected behaviour and explaining your observation to the team, including developers, business analysts and other QA.
- Ensuring the team is adhering to their definition of done and not being afraid to call the team to task.
- Performing manual testing to ensure that work items meet the acceptance criteria you help define.
- Reviewing the output of automated tests suites.
Skills and Experience required
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (or equivalent).
- Previous experience as a Software Tester on Agile teams.
- You value performing software testing over creating test collateral.
- You are comfortable explaining features and can recognise their benefits / drawbacks to sprint team members and to members of the wider team.
- Familiar with continuous integration as a concept in software development.
- Sprint management using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (including bug tracking).
- SQL skills to interrogate databases.
We can offer you
At Parmenion, you can expect a competitive salary aligned to your skills and experience which we will review each year, as well as a generous benefits package, including:
- Non-contributory Personal Pension scheme
- Substantial holiday entitlement
- Life Assurance & Income protection insurance
- Private health insurance
In addition you will enjoy working in our modern open plan offices in central Bristol, be invited to a variety of social activities ranging from payday drinks to film nights and benefit from our commitment to employee wellbeing as well as our focus on providing career development opportunities.
We have a long-term commitment to building inclusive workplaces; we value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
Apply for this role Back