Agile Business Analyst
Job Number: PARMENION00047
Posting Date: 05/03/2019
Parmenion is a rapidly growing, award winning technology and investments solutions business. We launched in 2007 with just a handful of staff. In the 11 years since, we have seen the company grow exponentially. We currently house our 200+ staff in a magnificent open plan office near the waterfront in the vibrant city of Bristol.
Our strength comes from seamlessly integrating three core disciplines, discretionary investment management, platform services and intuitive technology.
As an Agile Business Analyst you will work closely with the Product Manager and other internal customers to deliver a series of propositions, enhancing existing products and creating entirely new ones. On a day to day basis you will be building, prioritising and maintaining the product backlog, ensuring that user stories are accurate and ‘ready’ with acceptance criteria, so that the team can estimate them and commit to them accordingly in sprint planning sessions. You will be the go-to person for queries and have fantastic relationship with internal and external business stakeholders, Product Manager and the Scrum team.
- Preparing the vision with the Product Manager & Business Stakeholders
- To flexibly employ structured business analysis techniques when problem solving and eliciting user stories from business representatives, including interviewing and facilitating workshops
- Prioritising and managing the product backlog, driving the Scrum team and business stakeholders to deliver business value, balancing technical debt and dependent user stories
- Writing or refining user stories independent or with the Product Manager, and working with other business stakeholders, and the team
- Supporting the identification of key stakeholders, both business and IT and ensure they are fully engaged with the Product Manager and Scrum Master
Skills and Experience required
- Self-starter who can hit the ground running and is generally a good all-rounder who likes to get the job done
- Someone who is a real team player who can get involved with the team and encourage them to follow agile & scrum principles
- Proven previous experience of working as a Business Analyst on medium / large projects
- Proven previous experience of working as an Agile Business Analyst (proxy product owner) in an Agile Scrum team
- Ability to follow internal standards of business analysis in an Agile Scrum delivery team
- Ability to work independently, proactively and with versatility in responding to changing circumstances
We can offer you
At Parmenion, you can expect a competitive salary aligned to your skills and experience which we will review each year, as well as a generous benefits package, including:
- 20% Non-contributory Personal Pension scheme
- 25 days Holiday, rising to 28 days based on length of service
- Life Assurance – 7 x salary & Income protection insurance
- Private health insurance, up to family cover
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- 50% Gym membership subsidy
In addition you will enjoy working in our modern open plan offices in central Bristol, be invited to a variety of social activities ranging from payday drinks to film nights and benefit from our commitment to employee wellbeing as well as our focus on providing career development opportunities.
We have a long-term commitment to building inclusive workplaces; we value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.Apply for this role Back