Job Number: PARMENION00031
Posting Date: 14/12/2018
We are seeking a permanent project manager to plan, lead, organise, and motivate agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to users.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for managing a number of concurrent high visibility projects using agile or more traditional methods in a fast-paced environment that crosses multiple business divisions and third parties.
You will lead and manage large, complex, enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple Agile or Waterfall teams ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget, project objectives are met and desired results achieved, resources are utilised efficiently, and different interests and stakeholders involved are satisfied.
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focussing on regular and timely delivery of value, organise and lead project status and working meetings, prepare and distribute progress reports, manage risks and issues, identify deviations from scope/time/budget boundaries and take remedial actions, perform delivery planning for assigned projects, manage stakeholder communications, and help implement an effective system of project governance.
- Initiation Stage Support – Supporting the initiation of large complex projects through discovery, tender, high level requirements/epics production, business value and business case construction, alongside confirming business/organisation objectives and goals.
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work, leveraging organisational resources to improve capacity for project work, mentoring and developing team members.
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile and Waterfall Project Management
- Resource Management – Working with Practice Managers to ensure the correct number of resources are planned in for the project, and specialists and consultants are contracted and company guidelines are maintained
- Budget Control– Overseeing the accounting, costing and billing of projects.
Skills and Experience required
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams including Developers, User Experience, Business Analysts, and QA/Testers.
- Experience in financial services is strongly desirable (ideally in fund management, asset management, platform service provider).
- PMP, Prince II, Agile Project Manager or CSM Certifications.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
What’s in it for me?
At Parmenion, you can expect a competitive salary aligned to your skills and experience which we will review each year, as well as a generous benefits package, including:
- 20% Non-contributory Personal Pension scheme
- 25 days Holiday, rising to 28 days based on length of service
- Life Assurance – 7 x salary & Income protection insurance
- Private health insurance, up to family cover
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- 50% Gym membership subsidy
In addition you will enjoy working in our modern open plan offices in central Bristol, be invited to a variety of social activities ranging from payday drinks to film nights and benefit from our commitment to employee wellbeing as well as our focus on providing career development opportunities.
We have a long-term commitment to building inclusive workplaces; we value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.Apply for this role Back